Tuesday, December 3, 2013

4chan User Attempts Suicide on Live Cam As HUNDREDS Watch–and Do Nothing

At around 7 PM on Saturday night, a 4chan (an image board) user known only as Stephen announced on the 4chan boards that he planned to kill himself.

“This is it,” declared Stephen, “Tonight I will be ending my own life. I’ve spent the last hour making the preparations and I’m ready to go through with it. As an oldfag who’s been on 4chan since 2004, I thought I would finally give back to the community in the best way possible. I am willing to an hero on cam for you all. All I request is for you guys to link me to a site where I can stream it for you guys, then I will gladly fulfill my promise.”

Disgustingly, users of the board came to this disturbed young man’s aid in the worst way possible. Another user set up a video chat room on the Chateen streaming site where Stephen was cheered on by hundreds of idiots as he did the unthinkable.

article-2516641-19C51FF500000578-140_634x233 (1)
Stephen, using the name LOLDoge (a reference to a popular 4chan meme), broadcast to the full room as more and more people clamored to get in. Stephen popped a quantity of unspecified pills, down some vodka, and set a fire in the corner of his room using a toaster. As the smoke filled the room, Stephen retreated under his bed. Stephen declared, “#imdead #omgimonfire,” from underneath his bed, “I’m fuck3d.” Users encouraged Stephen and celebrated what is obviously a severe psychological problem–after all, this was entertainment to these people. Indeed, the largest concern was getting in on the action, as users wrestled for a spot among the “lucky” 200 who watched this horrific scene unfold live.

The level of concern shown by the cretinous masses at 4chan is unbelievable:

article-2516641-19C5232000000578-940_634x399
However, it is unlikely that Stephen is dead, as the video captured firefighters entering his room and removing him. Speculation on the matter goes both ways, with YourAnonNews, a Twitter account associated with Anonymous claiming he is the victim of a fire in Pittsburgh and others that he is an injured student from the University of Gueph in Ontario, Canada.

“Toaster Stephen,” as he is now known is either recovering from the injuries wrought by his stupidity, or lost to us all. One thing is for certain, though: it is unfortunate that in any country in any world…someone can choose to attempt to end his life while hundreds eagerly watch…and do nothing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...