Saturday, October 25, 2014

Lady Gaga Hosts Gay Marriage Proposal On-Stage At Concert

Tuesday night was very special for Lady Gaga fans--especially the happy gay couple that got engaged on stage during her artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball Tour stop in Manchester, England!!

Midway during the show, Gaga invited boyfriends Jay and Shaun to join her on stage. She described Jay as ‘family’: ‘an incredible man and incredible friend’.

She then lets the boys take the spotlight, and to Shaun’s apparent surprise, Jay gets on his knees and proposes.

They couple then kissed, the crowd went wild and Gaga jumped with joy.

Gaga then serenaded the couple with "Born This Way" and led up to the song by telling the crowd:

"It’s so bizarre, you know, my record label a long time ago they told me that my show is too gay and I was too gay or this was too gay.

"I told them, 'Well it’s a great thing that there are gay people all over the world!’

"We’re all human beings with real dreams and real stories and you deserve to love and express your love the same as everybody around the world."

Gaga then told Jay and Shawn "I wish you a beautiful, long and happy life."

She continued to the crowd, saying:
"I’m pretty sure I don’t have to say this because this a pretty free-thinking city but I’m going to fucking say it anyway: if you are living in the UK or in Manchester and whether you are young or old or in the middle, if you are gay hold your head up high and be proud. You don’t have to hide. You’re human. 
"And if anybody here in the audience, I can’t imagine there is, but if anybody here is uncomfortable with this you should probably fucking go because you’re on the wrong side of history and everybody in here is on the right side."
Marriage proposals probably don't get more memorable than that!

Congratulations, guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...