Thursday, April 17, 2014

Things I Wish I Knew When I Was in the Closet

Love yourself. One of the biggest mistakes I made growing up was that I didn’t love who I was. I never did. Part of that was because I didn’t know how to love myself in a world I feared could never love me. If I thought that nobody had the ability to truly love me, than how could I ever love myself?
It’s easy for me to say, “Love yourself,” and it’s harder to actually put into practice. Spend a portion of your day reciting out loud the parts yourself that you love. Maybe you’re good at sports? Or something creative like art or writing. Or maybe you’re a pop culture aficionado. Or maybe you’re just a genuinely good person who strives to make a difference in the world. Look at yourself and repeat out loud everything that you have to offer. Believe those words. Be those words.
Be the change you wish to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...